RE: loopback devise (was Re: mknod implementation? ... )

> At 08:37 PM 2/24/2003 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 01:52:15PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >>Does Cygwin have a loopback block device?
> >
> >No.
> >
> >As Randall correctly points out, the existence of the mknod command has
> >no bearing on the existence of functionality like a loopback device.
>
> Are there plans to include the functionality of a loopback device
> in future
> releases of Cygwin?  If so, what can I do to help that process
> along?  Keep
> in mind I am not a systems programer.

Check out FileDisk at this link: http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/
This should do what you want (being able to mount a disk image in Windows).
You can then use the Cygwin 'mount' command to mount the new device in
Cygwin.
If you want to read ext2 or another filesystem you will need an appropriate
Windows filesystem driver as well.

Chris