Re: Does agetty work with a modem

Can anyone help me get agetty working?  I need to set up Cygwin to answer a
modem call with agetty.  Here are a few questions I have.  I would really
appreciate some help because I cannot find much information about agetty on
Cygwin.

1. How do I set the modem to auto answer.  Can I do this in a shell script
using the agetty -e option to execute a command?  I tried "echo ATS0=1 >
/dev/ttys2" but it doesnt work.  I am using COM3.

2. It looks like agetty immediately opens the com port and attempts to read
a login name from it.  Does this mean that it expects the modem to be
connected with it executes.  There doesnt seem to be any code in agetty to
wait for a modem to answer.  Do I need to wait for the modem to connect
using the -e command option?

My inittab file has the following line

S3:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -8 -N -1 -h -t60 -e/bin/autoans.sh 9600 ttyS2

Thanks

news:59A835EDCDDBEB46BC75402F4604D5528F7666 at elmer dot  dot  dot