Re: Obtaining a pervious version

Max Bowsher wrote:
John Williams wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

OK, *now* its pretty obvious what the problem is. Cygwin 1.3.20 is
backward compatible with Cygwin 1.3.13, but Cygwin is not and never
will be sideways compatible with other slightly modified versions of
Cygwin.

Compile your own EDK toolchain against Cygwin itself, not Xygwin.
So it seems.  I've got to exhaust all other options before I commit to
that effort.

OK, so it's not going to be really easy, but it probably isn't going to be
nightmarishly hard either.
Somewhere between heaven and hell! I gather actually that this Xygwin environment doesn't do much more than fiddle with some of the path mapping stuff. Certainly no rocket science going on in there - I think the tool providor's desire was to spare their customers from a full cygwin install, and to lock in a "stable" distro to minimise support calls arising from factors outside their control. This is all just my conjecture.

Regards,

John