Re: Why so harsh? (RE: Why the rash...)

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:40:39PM +0100, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
> [...]

Installation by people who know what they are doing and quietly go about
their business was not what I was referring to.  Again, if someone has
a system that works for them and never shows up here with plaintive questions
about why they get cygintl-2.dll errors, then more power to them.

If you want to start a separate thread discussing the issue of smart
people using something besides setup, feel free.  Just don't reply
directly to my message and act as if you are replying to a point I made
when I didn't make it.

>>I could care less if someone has a system that is working smoothly for
>>them which bypasses setup.exe.  I don't CARE if experienced users have
>>something which works for them.  That very obviously have nothing to do
>>with what I was talking about.
>
>Sorry, I have to disagree...  that was my main comment.

You're disagreeing with me on what I know I'm talking about in a thread
that I started?  How strange.

cgf