Cygwin GCC & JNI??

Sorry if this is a dup, I hit send on the previous message too soon...

Hello,
 First, I'm fairly new to gcc so if this isn't the right list
plese direct me to the correct one.

 I have some code which compiles a shared object, it compiles fine
on Red Hat 8 and even on Solaris for Intel. I'm now attempting to
compile this same code of Windows XP using Cygwin.  This shared
object calls functions in the java VM (jvm.dll on windows). When I
compile on Windows I get an error stating that it can't find the
function JNI_GetCreatedVms function. I'm sure that has to do with
the way the jvm.dll is compiled n windows and the calling
convention, but I can;t figure it out. I've looked for the past
two days and havn't found that much. can anyone lend me a helping
hand? I have search teh web and found several sources of info
(inonit.com etc..) but none have solved my problem.

I'm using g++ 3.2 20020927 (prerelease) which came with
cygwin (I downloaded cygwin last week).  Here is the command I am
passing to g++ ad the output:

g++ -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -mno-cygwin -I. -I../common
-Ic:/cygwin/usr/java/include -Ic:/cygwin/usr/java/include/win32
-shared -o Tool.dll Tool.cpp  -Lc:/cygwin/usr/java/lib -ljvm

/cygdrive/c/temp/ccDembDG.o(.text+0x1dac):Tool.cpp: undefined
reference to `_
imp__JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs@12'
/cygdrive/c/temp/ccDembDG.o(.text+0x1e23):Tool.cpp: undefined
reference to `_
imp__JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs@12'
make: *** [NPITool.dll] Error 1

I needthe DLL to compile with no dependency on cygwin, hence the
-mno-cygwin. The -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias is something I just added
after reading information at
http://www.inonit.com/cygwin/jni/invocationApi/execute.html before
it was just -Wall.

Thank you