RE: Problem with accept(2) on the 1003.20.0.0 release

Cheers to Elfyn!

> Do you by any chance have any firewall software running on the daemon'ish
> machine? ZoneAlaram perhaps?
>

> Regards,
>
> Elfyn McBratney
> elfyn@exposure.org.uk
> www.exposure.org.uk

I had version 3.21 of Aventail's connect SW installed on the problem machine. I removed it, reinstalled the lastest cygwin, tested!, re-installed version 4.1.2 of Avantail, tested again, and now all is well...

Accept(2) now works as expected with this version of Aventail...

If anyone has a clue as to what was going wrong, I'd love to know. Remember, the problem only occurred with the latest cygwin and this older version of Avantail. The same code compiled with Visual Studio always ran fine. So, there is some interaction between cygwin1.dll and Aventail...

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff Burch
Communications Solutions Department
Agilent Laboratories