From: House, Mark [mailto:Mark.House@MSL.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:45 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32
error 1062:

Hi,

  I have been experiencing this error ever since I rebooted my server. I
am now unable to start the cron service. I have attached my cygcheck
file and I have run cron_diagnose.sh as suggested by Mark A. Harig on
his posting on 20-Dec-2002.

 In addition, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the cron service and I
have reinstalled the cron and cygrunsrv components.

 I am using Win2000 Server. My Event Log displays the following error.
      The following information is part of the event: cron : Win32
Process Id = 0x9A0 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x9A0 : starting service `cron'
failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.

I would appreciate any suggestions that you can offer.

Thanks,
  Mark

<<cygcheck.txt>>