ssh sshd: how to configure?

Hi all,
I've called in /etc/passwd Administrator "root", but I can login from
any users: Cygwin send this message:
"Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
login: no shell: /bin/bash: Permission denied"
Why?

If I run ssh on localhost, hoping to connect with root I get this
result:
"$ ssh localhost
ssh: connect to host localhost port 22: Connection refused"
I can however use telnet inside Cygwin and I can connect to
Administrator (not "root", however).

The Windows XP telnet doesn't work and fail with this error
"Access Denied: Specified user is not a member of TelnetClients group.
Server administrator must add this user to the above group.
Telnet Server has closed the connection"
And it is on port 23...

How can configure the server sshd (/usr/sbin/sshd.exe) to use ssh to
connect users in Windows XP?

Thanks

salvo