one solution for sshd/cygrunsrv win32 error 1062

Hello,

As with many others on this list, I've encountered
the following seemingly inexplicable message....

 cygrunsrv: Error starting a service:
QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
 The service has not been started.

...when trying to start sshd (OpenSSH_3.5p1) on Win2K
after installing per the instructions at
http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html.

Another clue was the following entry in the event log:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	sshd
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	0