Re: assimilation cmd towards cygwin/bash

Shankar Unni wrote:
> As long as you don't mind hitting <CR> after the ^D, this seems to
> work:
>
>    c:\> doskey ^D=exit
>
> Now, if you hit ^D<cr>  (the <cr> is unfortunately required), CMD.EXE
> will exit.
Yes, this seems to work... and there should still be a trick for adding the
missing <cr> key code to the line, maybe a bit like:
doskey ^D="exit >nul | x"
[ x representing the <cr> key code ]
I guess a different, i.e. enhanced doskey replacement could allow this?
Or better: an additional program which emulates key codes?
Unfortunately I don't know any...
The only way in the past of getting <cr> to work properly for keyboard
macros was ANSI.SYS. Any other suggestions?

Greetings,

Svartsjel