Re: I can't exit emacs

Larry, Hello...

<<..Check if you're running Cygwin's version of Emacs first..>>

I assume it is - I've only just installed cygwin and I didn't have emacs
prior to the install.

<<..check the email archives for the Emacs package announcement..>>

Initial searches ("emacs") retrieved so much that I was overwhelmed. Tried
Google with "cygwin cannot exit emacs" but did not get a useful result.

<<..information there about setting 'tty' in your CYGWIN environment
variable..>>

An intuitive thought made me suspect terminal settings but I didn't know
where to start looking. I will chase this. However, my PC is bog-std so
would not really expect a setup problem. All things possible I suppose...

Regards
Stephen Ford
Surrey, UK