Re: Strange new behavior...

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:20:49AM -0600, Brian J. Ackermann wrote:
> Good to know,
>
> Although I still find it curious that it had been working until last
> week sometime, when I updated...
>
> Thanks much!!
>
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> >Oops, sorry, should have read your message more carefully...
> >/etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh simply does not create domain users.  I'm
> >sure this fact is documented somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.
> >	Igor

I observed this behavior (no /etc/passwd generation) on another
machine when performing a fresh install on two users' machines
yesterday. The machine that worked properly received a single-user
install, while the one that failed was an install for "All Users."

If anyone has a virgin machine at their disposal, it may be worth a
quick test to ensure that something isn't broken.

Brian McGroarty
http://www.mcgroarty.net