Re: document heap_chunk_in_mb?

> > Any volunteers to document heap_chunk_in_mb?  It's conspicuously missing
> > in the documentation, AFAICT.
> >
> > Although, hmm, I haven't seen many complaints about this recently.  That's
> > odd.  Maybe the overflow code in the new malloc is actually working.
>
> Sure. What does it do? :)

In more seriousness, where should this be documented?

I found a couple of good posts, the best being DJ's:

(though I believe the 'normal' max is now 256MB).
His test program (on my machine with 256MB physical memory) gives:

$ ./maxmem.exe
1b5a4000 bytes (437.6Mb)

Perhaps a good place would be in the User's Guide under the discussion of
shared memory in the "Highlights" section. Something like:

"By default Cygwin imposes a 256MB memory limit. To raise this limit,
you may create a "heap_chunk_in_mb" registry entry, for example:

regtool -i set /HKCU/Software/Cygnus\ Solutions/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 512

You will then need to reboot for it to take effect."