Re: Cygwin Compile of NetBSD 1.6

Christos wrote:

I am attempting to compile NetBSD 1.6 via Cygwin 1.3.19-1 (on Win2k) by issuing the following command:

./build.sh -m shark -u -t

I get the following error:

$ ./build.sh -m shark -u -t
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /usr/bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

ERROR: configure of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
So, what appears to be happening is that the build.sh script is recoginizing "cc" when checking for "gcc". Cygwin does not appear to recognize "cc" as a compiler on it - attempted test compiles with the "cc" comand. Without changing anything in the build scripts, is there an easy way to tell the Cygwin bash enviornment to recognize "cc" as "gcc"? I did attempt to use a name-value pair in the bash enviornment (as per the bash man page - "CC=C:\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe"), but it did not work for me.

Any pointers would be apprecitated - thank you,
Christos