bash lockup

I thank all of you who comented on my last post.

I have another small problem.

I installed the package with the installer and then later, added pine to my
installation.  I don't think installing pine has anything to do with my
problem, but I only noticed this after adding that package.

occasionally when executing commands from bash the command window locks up.
^c does nothing and I can't even close the window.  Even Ctrl-Alt-Del End
task won't get rid of the misbehaving command window.  Only if I shut down a
task called "oldwinapp" does the command window go away.  Then I am able to
restart bash and rerun the same exact command I attempted before with no
problem.  After a while, it locks up on another command..  There seems to be
no pattern to the command or time it does this at.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for your patience.