Installing network users

In our lab, workstations run W2000 and users are
installed as network users.  Here's what we would
like to do:

- Install Cygwin for all users of a giving machine
- Have home directories created automatically for all users
- Have skeleton .bash_profile and .bashrc files placed
	automatically in each home directory

Using setup.exe, we have run into some problems with
user initialization.

1.  A windows network user can install cygwin, but when
	she starts up a shell window, her home directory
	is not set up properly.

2.  When a windows local user installs cygwin, the
	home directory seems to set up properly.
    When that person logs in as a network user, things
	still appear to work.
    When another network user logs in, he
	home directory is not set up properly.

Is there any documentation on how to set up users in
various configurations?

Are there shell scripts for setting things up?  I don't
mean just cygwin versions of useradd, etc.  I mean
scripts that know how to interact with the windows
operating system as well as cygwin.

Any hints would be very welcome.

-- Alan Westhagen