Re: getopt_long behavior

Chris Morgan wrote:
> I orginally posted this message some time ago.  Having all of
> the cygwin tools lacking the ability to accept arguments in
> arbirtary order makes it more difficult to use them(I often do
> grep "string" *.c and then rerun with -i at the end).  Is
> there anyway to get around this without recompiling the whole
> cygwin suite from source code?  Is there still no plan to
> switch this behavior back?  I can't imagine I'm the only one
> that wishes reordering was supported.

No, me too. I guess CGF has his reasons.

However, since that change has the log message...
* select.cc (peek_pipe): Only grab mutex when we actually got something from
the pipe.... it is pretty hard to guess what they might be.Chris (Faylor):
Is there any chance of convincing you to revert this? If not, could you
mention why you did it, so we don't suffer in ignorance, and would you
accept a patch making getopt respond to a "POSIXLY_INCORRECT_GETOPT" envvar?
Max.