Re: bash doesn't find /tmp

> I installed cygwin on Windows 2000, as the
> Administrator user, and everything works fine
> when I log in as Administrator.  When I log in
> as a regular user, though, things don't work:
> when I run the cygwin scripts that invokes bash,
> the shell pops up saying:
>
> bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

Does /tmp exist? If not create it.

> then, bash cannot find any command, and doesn't even
> understand ls!

Can you verify they/it exists eg.

$ ls -al /bin/ls.exe

? It would help, to diagnose your problems, if you send the output of
`cygcheck -svr' as a *non-compressed* plain-text attatchment. Also do you
have your environment set-up correctly?... Just thinking did you install
cygwin for a single user or for the whole system?

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk