Actually, on my system, dropping on RXVT from Windows Explorer, whether file or directory, with or without spaces, nothing happens at all.

It all works fine in a character ("console") window. It works there even with "QuickEdit" mode turned off.

Randy

At 13:38 2003-01-24, lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com wrote:
I'm lost! ;-)

Drag and drop for me on W2K to bash does get me the windows file name but
it's not escaped or quoted.  So you must have some cool setting there that
I don't have.  What is it?  Do tell! ;-)

BTW, I'm up-to-date with everythig as of 1/21 and I'm currently
running a snapshot Cygwin DLL from the same day.

Larry

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:20:53 -0800
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: cygpath question

Rob,

All is not lost. If you simply drag an icon for a file system entity
and drop it in a Cygwin window, it will get quotes _as necessary_!
Nice, actually. The syntax will still be Windows, including
backslashes, but actually Cygwin will handle this correctly.

And in case you're not aware of it, you can ALT-tab while a
drag-and-drop is in progress without disrupting the drag.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz