Re: NTEA extensions for uid/gid

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 04:28:08PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> Yes, I am a member of the administrators group.
> No, the administrators group is not mentioned in /etc/passwd (but it is in
> /etc/group)

Add it using mkpasswd -l and everything's fine.  It's added automatically
when running mkpasswd -l so I wonder why you deleted it.

> According to Explorer, the world belongs to the administrators.

I guessed so.

> > Other than that, the file modes are ok, assuming you didn't set umask.
> What umask would you have me set, and where?
> Adding umask=0666 to my CYGWIN environment variable (assuming that's what

Uhm... no.  Just set your umask in your .profile to something
sensible like 022.  If you don't know the concept of umask, just
read the bash man page.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.