PROPOSAL: translate '::' to '.' in arguments to the man command

I have noticed that some man pages, for example perl modules below the
root namespace, are installed as Foo.Bar instead of Foo::Bar because
apparently windows file names cannot contain "::". Eg.

$ touch 'Foo::Bar'
touch: creating `Foo::Bar': Invalid argument

This is sufficiently different from UNIX to trip most people up,
especially those working with Perl. Further, filenames with one colon do
work, e.g. Touch 'Foo:Bar'.

For this reason I propose changing the "man" command in Cygwin to take
the special case of "::" into account and convert it to a ".", iff the
file containing "::" does not exist (might be supported in the future.)

If this is considered a good idea I'll be happy to make the patch.

Cheers,

--
Rafael