Re: silly question

Yves,

Yes, taken as such, it's a silly question.

Q: "How do I get the commands I didn't install?"
A: "Install them."

Or, to be a bit less facetious, install the "fileutils" package.

If you had installed all the available packages, you'd have these. Pretty much everyone else does--they're scarcely optional, as you note.

Randall Schulz