Re: VPATH broken with multiple dirs

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 03:06:38PM -0500, David Means wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 11:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> {snip}
>> >http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/make/make_27.html
>>
>> This is cygwin make, not djgpp make.  Cygwin make uses colons, not
>> semicolons.  If semicolons actually *work*, that's a bug.
>
>Actually, it's not cygwin make, it's GNU:

Hmm.  Either 1) we are splitting hairs, 2) you are using something other
than the make.exe that is released with cygwin, or 3) you are confused.
Cygwin's make is a variation of GNU make and it doesn't (or shouldn't)
use semicolons.  If you *are* using cygwin's make and semicolons are a
solution then that's a bug.  If you are not using the version of make
that is distributed with cygwin, then, well, er, I'm not sure why
you're even responding to this thread.

Just to be really really clear:  The whole point of cygwin is to
avoid things like colons in filenames.   So, colons as path separators
are perfectly valid.

cgf

--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.