Re: Command-line email?

Michael,

Yes.

Apropros (man -k) is helpful if you have a package installed. With a full Cygwin installation:

% apropos mail
Net::SMTP (3) - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Client
Net::SMTP (3pm) - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Client
exim (8) - a Mail Transfer Agent
fetchmail (1) - fetch mail from a POP, IMAP, ETRN, or ODMR-capable server
formail (1) - mail (re)formatter
mbox (5) - Format for mail message storage.
mutt (1) - The Mutt Mail User Agent
mutt_dotlock (1) - Lock mail spool files.
muttrc (5) - Configuration file for the Mutt Mail User Agent
pine (1) - a Program for Internet News and Email
procmail (1) - autonomous mail processor
procmailex (5) - procmail rcfile examples
procmailrc (5) - procmail rcfile
procmailsc (5) - procmail weighted scoring technique
ssmtp, sendmail (8) - send a message using smtp

The Cygwin package search page (<http://cygwin.com/packages/>) can help, too (patience required). With a simple search for "mail" there, 72 packages are listed. Not all seem completely relevant: BASH? Vim? Lilypond? I don't know why all those hits are produced.

And what's that search engine? Oh, yeah. Google... I've heard it's good.

I use "ssmtp" with some cover scripts to send automated change notification mail to my partners when I do CVS updates, e.g.

Randall Schulz