Re: cygrunsrv and apache

> you should be checking what /var/log/apache/error_log is reporting.

Sorry for the late reply. The error_log contains the usual startup/shutdown
messages and nothing serious that would indicate that apache is not
operating correctly.

> Another option is the module rebasing clash. But you said you can
> start it from shell by hand, with the same setup, right?!

The fact that apache functions normally from the shell leads me to believe
that this is not a dll base issue as the only time I recieve an error (and
nothing more) is when I start apache through the service manager. Like I
said previously I have the log file(s) and log dir are owned by system with
write permission, also the modules are owned by system (the SYSTEM user). If
I change this there is no effect and I still recieve error 1062.

To install the service I used this:

  $ cygrunsrv -I httpd -p /usr/sbin/httpd -d "CYGWIN httpd" \
  > -a '-k' -e "CYGWIN=binmode ntsec ntea"

My user and group database files are all up-to-date and I can't think of
anything else this can be :/

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk