Re: Emacs Problem

"Scott Purcell" <spurcell@vertisinc.com> writes:

> I run a standalone emacs on my box and when I quit I hit the keys [
> ctrl x c ] and it quits the app.  But in the one that runs in cygwin,
> it does not.

It's "control+c control+x" in Emacs language "C-x C-c". If this doesn't
work try "Meta+x save-buffers-kill-emacs RETURN" (Meta is usually the
Alt key under Cygwin, in Emacs terminology "M-x save-buffers-kill-emacs
RET").

If the C-x C-c doesn't work, this keys are probably bound in some way by
your terminal, over here using rxvt as terminal and tcsh as shell it
works as expected.

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them