Re: Emacs Problem

At 03:39 PM 1/15/2003, Scott Purcell wrote:
>Hello,
>I got ambitious during lunch and installed emacs. At the cmd line I type in emacs and all works great.
>
>I got one problem though, it will not quit.

Yeah, so?  What's the problem?  Emacs is the end-all of software, right?  It's
supposed to do everything except make your coffee in the morning, no?  So
*why* would you *ever* want to quit from it? ;-) ;-) ;-)

No flames or editor-wars, please! :-)

>I run a standalone emacs on my box and when I quit I hit the keys [ ctrl x c ] and it quits the app.
>But in the one that runs in cygwin, it does not.
>
>How do I get cygwin to quit emacs and return to a cmd prompt?

You're best off re-posting this after reading www.cygwin.com/bugs.html.  The
obvious question that comes to mind for me is - are you running the Cygwin
or Win32 version of Emacs?  I can't tell (and neither can anyone else) from
the information you've sent so far.  That's why we have a recommended
procedure for posting problem reports.  Take a look at 'em.