Re: tar.bz2

Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:49:16 -0500 David Robinow <Robinows@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> DEEPA SIVASANKARANE <aj9035@wayne.edu> wrote:
>> >  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
>> >format ?
>> bzip2 --help
>> tar --help
>> info bzip2
>> info tar
>
>The problem with all those is that they bypass setup.exe which could
>result in a corrupted installation and many more problems.
>
>They would be appropriate if the original requester wasn't trying to
>extract Cygwin packages.
 The original poster gave no indication that he was trying to extract Cygwin packages.  See original post above.
(Yes, I am aware that he also posted to cygwin-apps under a different subject.  Larry Hall properly rerouted the thread and gave the correct answer.  I don't subscribe to cygwin-apps.  Apparently Michael does.)