Re: FW: Sed Script works in 3.02-1, fails in 4.0.1-1

Dwight,

I can reproduce your problem using sed 4.0.1, assuming sed actually gets some input (if there's no input on standard input, the diagnostic does not occur). Changing the pattern separators does not cure the problem. Replicating the address range pattern ("<.BLOCKQUOTE>") in the empty substitute target pattern does not help.

I'm not a total SED junkie, so maybe there's something I'm overlooking here, but it does appear to me to be a bug.

Randall Schulz