General comments...

Hello.

 Now it has been a while since I installed cygwin (all of it!)
on my PII/450Mhz Compaq Presario (Model 5670 w 256MB RAM/60G HD).
 This is three years old hardware and I'm finding more and more
things that feels slow, so it's no speed demon any longer.

 There is one thing that I find almost annoying with the setup
utility.
 At a certain point it feels VERY slow; when the list of packages to
download/install is about to open up. This may take anything from a little
while to ages to open (No, I haven't measured time
so far). As there is NO progress display it feels as a very long
delay. Please, consider adding a progress display of some sort.

Also: I feel that I have to verify settings all the time. I download
packages into a local directory(1), then install them
from there: I have to run the utility twice AND click the NEXT
button "a hundred times" ;-)
My suggesttion: Add an option to "use last settings" for the selected
operation (download or install), having it GO at once.

One more thing: As I'm running the download through an ISDN line (charge
based on time up), it is vital for me to be able to disconnect ASAP.
 Minimal support for handling this in a good manner would be to
display information regarding whether the utility needs the line
to be up or not.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden
(1) To be able to REINSTALL all of it, fresh - in case of
trouble, whatever "sort of" it might be.