RE: Java (1 of 3): Gcj - Hello world exe (again)

I tried reinstalling gcc & binutils and uninstalling gcc-mingw & 2.95
(not sure why I installed these to start with).  Alas no effect.  I would
have been pleasantly surprised if it had worked.  Cygwin seems generally
pretty good about installing and file locking unlike certain M$ products
I can think of.  So I haven't found a bug in setup.
I should also mention that I've tried this on more than one machine with
the same effect.  Cygwin was installed separately on each.  I am using
Windows 2000 which should if anything make cygwin more reliable, so I
thought.
I normal build under DOS rather than bash.  The only difference using bash
seems to make is that I need to run .\hello.exe instead of ./hello.exe :-)
and I get "segmentation fault: core dumped" instead of "Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" so I don't think that's the problem.
I am curious as to how many people are using cygwin for java development?
I'm
sure I can't be the only one who has had this problem.  I have used cygwin
since
before B20.  I've had occasional problems but gcc has been solid throughout.

However, gcj is a new to me.  If I didn't happen to be using cygwin already
I'd probably have gone for a more mainstream (contraversial! :-) offering.
					Regards,
						 Bruce A.

 Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not
 necessarily those of Tyco Electronic Product Group.

 Any prices for the supply of goods or services are only valid if supported
 by a formal written quotation.

 This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
 forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
 from Tyco Electronic Product Group are confidential and solely for the use
 of the intended recipient.

 If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
 delivery to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
 e-mail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  In this event,
 please notify us via e-mail at 'helpdesk.tepg@tycoint.com' or telephone on
 0121 255 6499 and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.