Re: where the %^$ is dirname() and basename()

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 01:37:03PM -0800, Robert Bercik wrote:
>Cygwin must have these functions somewhere, but for the life of me i
>can't find the libs or headers.  Anybody know where dirname() or
>basename() are located?

Let me say it again: There is no mystery here.  If you get a linker
error like: "undefined reference to '_basename'", in 90% of the cases it
means exactly what it implies: basename is not available.

Whether it should be available, whether it is a crime against man and
nature that it is not available, whether the lack of the function
greatly impacts someone's ability to do their job, is another issue, of
course.

Until someone provides working implementations of basename and dirname
for cygwin, I suggest that you work around the problem.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sources.redhat.com