Re: Re: help for compiling problem!

>>>error:  main.c: undefined reference to '_setlinebuf'
>>
> cygwin doesn't provide setlinebuf.
> In general what this means is that you have to actually "inspect" the
> code and "port it"

As a follow up to this, and the earlier thread regarding icmp (which
presumably is resolved in the same way), would it not be "better" to add
support for the icmp function and setlinebuf to cygwin?  "Better" in the
sense that Crystal is better than Moet - and I'm not suggesting everyone
ought to be able to afford Crystal.  Is there any technical reason why
support cannot be added to Cygwin for these (and other) unprovided
functions?  Is there a canonical list of what people expect cygwin to
support vs. what it actually supports, and hence what it currently lacks?