missing winsock2.h definitions

Microsoft has a copy of winsock2.h at
ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winsock/winsock2
It has the following copyright:

/* Winsock2.h -- definitions to be used with the WinSock 2 DLL and
 *               WinSock 2 applications.
 *
 * This header file corresponds to version 2.2.x of the WinSock API
 * specification.
 *
 * This file includes parts which are Copyright (c) 1982-1986 Regents
 * of the University of California.  All rights reserved.  The
 * Berkeley Software License Agreement specifies the terms and
 * conditions for redistribution.
 */

Can I use this file as a source to update Cygwin's winsock2.h ?
I am just being cautious because it's a Microsoft header file...

Also, only reply if you can checkin patches pls

Regards Trevor