binutils 20021107-2

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 9 10:22:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Nope.  Chris should apply the attached patch to binutils and re-release.
>>>It's surprising we didn't catch this when gcc-3.x/gcc2-2.95 were
>>>getting their shakedown this summer.  Oh well.
>>>
>>>Also, Chris, you could take the opportunity of binutils-20021107-3 to
>>>apply Egor's remaining patches...  :-)
>>>

>>Oops.  Previous patch still left a chunk of Egor's changes.  New patch
>>replaces.
>>

> How about submitting the patch to the binutils mailing list?

I've no objections -- but the patch is a workaround for a
cygwin-specific packaging decision (e.g. providing gcc-2.95.3 as "gcc-2"
and renaming the runtime libs accordingly).

Is that something that should go into the "real" binutils CVS, or should
it be kept in the cygwin binutils package only?

--Chuck