Cannot use zlib with Mingw

I was trying to compile a program which uses zlib with Mingw (i.e. with
the flag -mno-cygwin) but the compilation failed because zlib.h could not
be found. No problems with standard Cygwin compilation.

Probably, if -mno-cygwin is used, only the directory /usr/include/mingw
is searched, /usr/include is not. Well, the flag -I/usr/include could be
added, but I am afraid some header files could conflict.

To reproduce the problem: type this simple file

#include <zlib.h>

int main(){
return 0;
}

and compile it with

gcc -c -mno-cygwin <filename>.c

The error is "zlib.h: No such file or directory". No problems at all if

gcc -c <filename>.c

is launched)

Is there a way to get round this problem?

Tiscali ADSL: abbonati entro il 31 gennaio.
Non paghi l'attivazione.
Non paghi il primo mese.
http://www.tiscali.it/adsl