Re: IOV_MAX value

Christophe,

I think that definition of IOV_MAX is telling you that there is no pre-defined limit. Ordinarily we don't complain about such things, but if you write code that statically allocates a resource based on such a limit indication, you're in trouble.

I notice that there are two definitions of IOV_MAX. One is in /usr/include/limits.h and the other is in /usr/include/sys/limits.h. The latter gives 1024, the former has the (__INT_MAX__ - 1) value you mention. The file in /usr/include/sys/ identifies itself as originating in Berkeley Unix (FreeBSD), while the one in /usr/include identifies itself as a Cygwin component.

Others have worked on building ACE under Cygwin, so you might want to check the email archives.

Randall Schulz
Mountain VIew, CA USA