RE: ftell() bug

If you see to MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html
/_crt_ftell.asp), you can find out:

==============
Note that when a file is opened for appending data, the current file
position is determined by the last I/O operation, not by where the next
write would occur. For example, if a file is opened for an append and the
last operation was a read, the file position is the point where the next
read operation would start, not where the next write would start. (When a
file is opened for appending, the file position is moved to end of file
before any write operation.) If no I/O operation has yet occurred on a file
opened for appending, the file position is the beginning of the file.

So, it is normal behaviour in your case.

Kind regards,
Zhabitsky Oleg