New setup.exe beta and the elusive MD5 sum (Re: New setup.exe beta)

This question has come up more than once already, so I'll take a stab at
the answer:
The explicit MD5 sum check, IIUC, is performed only when doing Install
from Local Directory to make sure the external tools did not corrupt the
downloads.  If Install from the Internet is performed, the MD5 sum check
happens while the package is downloaded, and is not considered a separate
step.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51