RE: 'less' can't determine terminal size?

Hi, Sergei, :)

Thank you for the speedy response!

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Sergei Okhapkin wrote:

> What is the output of "stty -a" inside rxvt window?

$ stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W;
lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk brkint ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -tostop echoctl echoke

This is interesting, since the size of the window (as shown when I
turn on line numbers ('-N') in 'less') is actually *25* lines high
(columns are correct at 80).

After resizing the rxvt window to increase the number of lines by 1,
'stty -a' correctly shows that there are 26 rows.  Weird!

Thanks for any ideas,

---Jason