How do I stop newly-created files from being +x?

I'm using Cygwin 1.3.15-1 with ntsec on an NTFS filesystem.  I have my
umask set to "077", and when I create a new file from a Cygwin
application, it's permissions are "rw-r--r--", which is what I expect.

But if I create a new file from a non-Cygwin application (e.g., copy a
file using Explorer), Cygwin applications show its permissions as
"rwxr-xr-x", which is not what I expect.

Is there any way to make it so that files created by non-Cygwin
applications do not appear executable to Cygwin applications?

I think this is happening because the ACLs on my directory are:

	c:\franl MYDOMAIN\litterio:(OI)(CI)F
		 MYDOMAIN\Domain Users:(OI)(CI)R
		 Everyone:(OI)(CI)R

I think this is happening because the "F" (full control) access is
marked "(OI)(CI)" (object inherit + container inherit).  I've played
with cacls.exe to attempt to fix this, but to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone know how to fix it?
--
Francis Litterio
franl@world.std.com