infinite loop in rm

I saw some mention of this problem here:

Is there a fix for this that works, or will be incorporated
into a future version of cygwin?  I looked in the FAQ and
saw nothing about it.   I have some nightly scripts that clean
some directories, and if I leave a shell open in one of the
directories, the scripts just run forever trying to remove
the directory.

-Bill