Re: Problems with installer

Florian Stark <ai0252@umwelt-campus.de> wrote:

> I am trying to install cygwin on a friends machine.
> My problem is that when the installer creates the filesystem the "bin"
> directory is called "ssh". He also said that he tried to install a
> copy of ssh for windows before but removed it. Has annyone an idea
> how to solve this problem?

Aargh! NetworkSimplicity SSH rears its ugly head once again.

Delete the broken install of Cygwin, make sure NetworkSimplicity SSH is
uninstalled as well, then:

Delete the following registy keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2

Cygwin should then install properly.

Max.