RE: Cygwin Emacs-X uses 99% of cpu

I have messed around with it some more and found that if I start X windows
and then run emacs from the command line in the foreground, it works ok.
However as soon as I try to run it in the background it sucks up 99% of
the cpu.  And after that even if I kill it and start it in the foreground
it sucks up 99% of the time after that.

I also should have mentioned that it's running on Windows 2000.