RE: NO huge packages, please!

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> At 09:43 2002-11-07, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> >
> >... Perhaps it would be better to enhance the Setup tool to be a little
> >more robust in it's download processing.  Perhaps adding a re-try option
> >on an incomplete package pull?  I haven't looked into the guts of Setup
> >for a while, but I'd bet that this might be doable with a minimum hassle.
>
> Peter,
> Setup does this already.

Hmmm, then perhaps this is a more recent addition?  I seem to recall
having problems in this area a while ago (which is one of the reasons I
have a local mirror).  That or perhaps it was some other problem and just
showed similar symptoms.  Since I've been using a local mirror, I haven't
experienced anything like what we've been talking about.  But, if this is
the case, and Setup has had this functionality for a while, then why was
the subject of having trouble downloading over an unreliable connection
coming up?  I'm a bit confused as to which problem we are addressing here
now.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>