Re: ls --color on windows 2000

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:45:04 -0300 Nelson Teixeira <nt777@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any means of making ls --color work on windows 2k ? As far as I
> know ME+ OSs from MS removed ANSI color support. How can I overcome this?
> is there any replacement for cmd.exe or ansi.sys that I can use on windows
> 2k to make this work ?

Anyone trying to help you will need some details.  Please read
http://cygwin.com/bugs.html for some guidelines.  Note that cygcheck output
should be sent as an attachment to minimize false hits on archive searches.

What happens when you try it?

I've used it under WinXP in a normal console window and the colors appeared
as expected.  I don't use rxvt, but that is another possibility.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html