RE: Q. on creating DLL's for use w/ excel (export names without @0, @ 4 etc?) (cygwin 1.3.13-2)

Thanks,

I have everything working now, and have made loads of notes. I had to do
everything with -mno-cygwin and this made linking against c++ libs a bit
tricky (Solution: google for mingw-extras and install them). The reason I
used -mno-cygwin is that I found excel was core dumping when I linked
against cygwin1.dll; something about relocatable DLL conflicts. I suppose I
should try to figure that out eventually, as well.

This is how I ended up compiling a DLL that linked in some external routines
from
  /usr/local/mylib/lib/libmylib_mingw.a

# NB- The file foo.cpp has extern "C" linkage:
# The -mdll part below may be redundant

g++ -mno-cygwin -mdll foo.cpp -I/usr/local/mylib/include -c

# Final linkage as follows:

g++ -Wl,--kill-at --Wl,--out-implib,libfoo.import.a \
    -mno-cygwin -shared -o foo.dll foo.o \
    -L/usr/local/mylib/lib -lmylib_mingw \
    -L/usr/local/mingw-extra/lib

- Matt