how to get openssh-3.4 working on w2k?

Hello, I'm a cygwin beginner ;-)

I've installed openssh-3.5p1-5 on my w2k system but
I can't establish a connection from another host
(sshd is running).
When I enter the password I get the following
error messages for two times
  'Permission denied, please try again.'
and finally
  'Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).'
(i.e. on my win9x host).
On my win9x-system everything is working fine).
Does a step-by-step configuration list exist for a w2k/nt system?
I ran the 'ssh-host/usr-config' skripts under my admin-account but
I want to use the ssh-sevice under my normal user-account.
Do I have forgotten a configuration step?

Thanks,

Ralf