Ash manual/info. (was: Re: "==" operand not found)

Randall R Schulz wrote:

> You're most likely accustomed on your Linux system to "/bin/sh"
> being BASH. On Cygwinm /bin/sh is ASH, and it is far more minimal
> in its implementation of the POSIX shell standard, and does not
> provide "==" as an equivalent for "=" in the "test" (a.k.a. "[")
> built-in.

While there is an info file on bash, and even a man entry, there
seems to be nothing whatsoever about ash on the system.  If we are
not able to use the abilities of bash, how do we find out what
abilities we can use?

Entering sh and typing help doesn't give any useful info.  The
screen capabilities seem to be different.  All I seem to be able
to find is that bash is 500 odd k, while sh is 69 odd k.

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!