Re: Cygwin/Procmail stops working after setup.exe upgrade

Jason,

> If fetchmail is running under your account, then I'm at a loss to explain
> your observed behavior.

I always start fetchmail by hand as "tbaker" (my account)
in a console window with the command "fetchmail --nodetach".
My .fetchmailrc says (using ***** to block out the names
and passwords):

| set daemon 10
| set logfile /cygdrive/e/u/config/fetchmail.log
| set invisible                       # suppress "Received:" line fetchmail adds
| set no bouncemail
| poll *******
| 	  protocol: pop3
|     username: ******
|     password: ******
|     nokeep
|     fetchall
| #	messages
|     mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" # pass message to the local MDA

This last line worked just fine for several months, until the
latest upgrade.  The command executed is:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 tbaker   None        61952 Aug 19 16:41 /usr/bin/procmail

> Is fetchmail running under the LocalSystem account?  If so, then perform
> the following:
>
>     chmod 777 e:/u/procmail

I don't think it is running under a LocalSystem account,
but I tried the above anyway and it did not work.

In short, fetchmail is fetching the mail but something seems
to be wrong with the handover to Procmail and everything
is simply landing in the default /var/spool/mail/tbaker.
I assume Procmail is not getting the mail at all because if it
were there should be some record of that in the procmail.log.

Moreover, I know that Procmail itself is working because
"procmail -m" successfully processed the recipes there and
recorded that success in the file procmail.log.

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                                Thomas.Baker@bi.fhg.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven          mobile +49-171-408-5784